Dear Friends of Lotus Light Charity Society,
Lotus Light Charity Society is currently looking for volunteers who want to give back to the community and gain meaningful experience helping those in need!
Again the City of Vancouver has officially proclaimed Saturday, July 7th, 2018 as Lotus Light Charity Community Caring Day. This annual charity event brings together neighbourhood and volunteering groups to support the most impoverished members of our Downtown Eastside community.
We are currently seeking volunteers for various roles, including but not limited to:
- Booth Attendant (General, Information, Item Distribution, Activities, etc.)
- Event Setup and/or Tear Down Crew
- Food Service
- Behind the Scenes: Logistics and Supplies
- Recycling and Waste Sorting
- Security and Traffic/Parking Attendant
Volunteering is a great way to gain hands-on experience by trying something new and exciting, all while helping and meeting new people. You will also be eligible to receive volunteer hours and letters of reference for academic or job applications.
We sincerely invite people of all interests and skills to sign up!
There are volunteering opportunities for those with either full or partial availability on July 7th. The major time shots are:
- Morning shift (8am-12:00pm): Event Setup, Security, etc.
- Afternoon shift (12:00pm-4pm): Security, tear down, clean up etc.
- Main shift (10:00am-2:00pm): Food Service, Distribution, Booth Attendants (Information Booth, First Aids), Recycling Station, Security, etc.
If you would like to volunteer, or if you have any questions, please contact:
Sean X. Ouyang
Lotus Light Charity Society (Vancouver)