Lotus Light Charity Society Contribution List 2020 Up-to-Date:
For the past 27 years, Lotus Light Charity Society Vancouver held numerous projects to benefit local communities. In 2020, despite the Covid-19 Pandemic, LLCS is still actively helping the community to cope with the new norm with new programs benefited thousands low income families, senior, children and homeless across lower-mainland.
- Lotus Light Covid-19 Community Caring Drive, the charity launched this special program to deliver much needed food to residents affected by the Pandemic across lower mainland. Since April 2020, by working together with many Lotus Light’s community partners, 230,000 lbs of food has been delivered and distributed. The impact of the program benefitted struggling people across Metro Vancouver: East Vancouver, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Richmond, Surrey, Pitt Meadows, Mission and as far as Merritt.
- LLCS Emergency Food Mobile: Since late April 2020, with the generous donations from Vancouver’s produce wholesalers and grocery sponsors, the Charity has distributed directly over 60,000 lbs of fresh produce and vegetables and 25,000 lbs of non-perishable food including canned goods, cookies, energy bars and pastas to help residents affected by Covid-19. The program has distributed enough food for eighteen thousand four hundred meals from the public distributions, at the parking lot of Pink Pearl Restaurant and the parking lot of Britannia Community Centre.
- The Charity usually donates groceries weekly to Community Children Food Backpack Programs for low income families through Strathcona Community Centre’s Food Security Program. As the closing of the community centre, the charity re-directed the donation to Stratchcona Emergency Food Hub, run by the Strathcona Community Centre staffs and volunteers providing foods to the residents living in the nearby BC social housing clusters.
- LLCS Annual Community Caring Day: LLCS has held its fourth annual “Lotus Light Community Caring Day” on June 17th, 2020 at Lotus Light Institute, headquarter of Lotus Light Charity Society. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, BC schools and business are still slow coping with the new norm. On this year’s Lotus Light Day, lotus light is focusing on helping the inner-city school hamper programs. 320 hampers with 10,000 gift items including produce and fruit, non-perishable food bag of rice, can of pasta and tuna, breakfast cereals cups, chocolate, mug and cookies, personal hygiene and protection items soap, toothpaste and masks and stationary are donated to four inner-city schools.
- LLCS Food Recovery Program: LLCS actively collaborates with FoodMesh and FoodRescue food recovery networks, has delivered tens of thousand pounds of food to inner-city school children, families, seniors and homeless each month in partnership with local food producers, distributors and community agencies.
- LLCS Free Tax Clinic Program: This year, the charity has also run a successful Virtual Income Tax Clinic, beside a shorter regular public service session, to help the low income seniors, individuals and families.
LLCS Covid-19 Community Caring Drive Gallery
Distribution Supported by Chefs Ware House, Air Canada
Distribution Supported by Air Canada and Belkin House (Salvation Army)
LLCS Partners with Tim Horton and Starbucks Coffee to Thank Our Front-line Heath Workers
Distribution Supported by Van Whole Produce
Distribution Supported by Superstore Grandville to Ray-Cam Community Centre
Distribution in the parking lot of Pink Pearl Chinese Restaurant on April 30
Distribution in the parking lot of Pink Pearl Chinese Restaurant on May 14
Distribution in the parking lot of Pink Pearl Chinese Restaurant on May 28